Thursday, January 7, 2010

ANNIVERSARY BLESSINGS!

This is the first anniversary of Searching for the Whole-Hearted Life! I’m so thankful for the opportunity to write for the Diagonal Progress, as well as for those who are following my articles via internet. I sincerely appreciate the encouragement which many of you have offered.

Although writing these commentaries has been a highlight for me, I realize that at the least I’ve raised some eye brows, irritated a few people and possibly even alienated others. Thanks, Patty for hanging in there with me. I’m sure you’ve received your fill of comments!

An anniversary article seems like a good time to share my heart about the reason and purpose behind my approach.

I have an insatiable hunger for and am a seeker of truth. Consequently, I’m often in deep thought and/or researching something. Although this may be an irritant to some, I’ve learned to accept that there is a glorious purpose in God’s Kingdom for how He has created everyone, including me! Research and writing about that which I discover seems to be a part of how He desires to use me.

The fact that it is nearly impossible for me to accept anything at face value has been complicated through the years as I’ve discovered that I and others have been deceived about many things. I have a very strong aversion to being deceived and a passion for protecting others from the bondage of deception. Jesus said, “… truth will set you free.” [John 8:32]; consequently, I seek truth not only for my own freedom, but out of love and concern for those around me.

Although I tend to isolate out of “self-preservation,” I’m realizing more and more that God did not create me to be a “Lone Ranger.” I believe that Searching for the Whole-Hearted Life has been an open door for me to not only risk sharing my heart, but also to hear what’s on the hearts of others.

As the weeks of writing Searching for the Whole-Hearted Life pass by,
I’m realizing that I perceive my readers
as “friends”
with whom I’m sharing my reflections.
My prayer is that my “friends” will not be
angry about or ignore what I have to say,
but will lovingly listen to my heart and consider
that just maybe
I’m reflecting upon something worth consideration.
I hope that I may even be affirming questions
which some of you also wrestle with.
I often pray that my contemplations will influence others
to reevaluate
what they may have been taught and readily accepted
without much research or prayerful consideration.


I realize that although my style of writing may not seem so, I am certain that I do not hold all truths. I’m very aware that, just as anyone else, I am capable of inadvertently misleading someone through what I write. May we all be blessed with Christ's wisdom as we “search” together.

As we look to another year together, it is my prayer that the Lord will continue to build our relationship with one another. Please, don’t hesitate to offer feed-back. I need what you have to offer. I also desire to hear about the musings of your heart. If you have questions which you’d like for me to address, I’d love to hear them.

Whole-Heartedly,
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment