Thursday, October 8, 2009

HEALTH - MEMORY LOSS

A few years ago, I was experiencing many disturbing health symptoms which manifested much like MS. One of the most frightening was memory loss. Although memory loss is usually considered as a “normal” aging process, it seemed as though my brain was deteriorating rapidly!

Frequently I couldn’t keep track of steps to even such a simple process as following a recipe. Unable to remember whether I had or hadn’t done something, even undemanding processes became over-whelming. I found myself unable to respond when asked uncomplicated questions. The answer was often there, but I couldn’t collect my thoughts quickly enough to articulate it. At other times I would simply draw a blank, when under normal circumstances, I could respond without much consideration. The slightest bit of stress would aggravate these symptoms.

Immediate action was necessary; yet I knew that had I sought medical advice, medication would be the “answer”. Wanting to get at the core and not simply mask the symptoms, I ventured out on an intense investigation.

The most helpful information came from a world renowned neurologist and leader in the field of complementary medicine, Dr. David Perlmutter. In his two decades of practice and research, he has discovered that

“memory loss is not a normal process of aging,”
rather it is a consequence of an unhealthy lifestyle
and
there are measures to
prevent and restore lost brain function!


Legal and illegal drug use, illness, poor diet and environmental toxins are all brain killers. However, none of these were even a moderate factor in my life. So what was the problem?

As a workaholic who “thrived on stress,” my brain was constantly being flooded with stress hormones which destroy the memory center. After years of functioning in this manner, my brain was showing signs of shutting down. Hoping it wasn’t too late, I committed to making the necessary life-changes.

In order to stop the deterioration and begin regenerating my brain, I embarked on several very aggressive measures:
• lightening my schedule and releasing many responsibilities
• initiating an intense detoxification process
• improving my level of exercise
• taking multiple supplements recognized for rejuvenating sluggish brain cells

Although I’m not totally “out of the dark”, I’ve noticed incredible changes in my symptoms. Consequently, I’m compelled to share what I’ve learned in hopes that it might help others.

While there are many facets of this process; today, I’d like to elaborate on my supplement regimen adapted from Dr. David Perlmutter’s, THE BETTER BRAIN BOOK:


SUPPLEMENT-AFFECT ON BRAIN - A.M. - P.M.
Borage Oil (GLA)- anti-inflammatory - 300 mg.- 0mg
DHA - cell communication - 300 mg.- 300 mg.
Ubinquinol CoQH-CF - energy production -100 mg. -100 mg.
Vitamin E - antioxidant, anti-inflammatory - 400 IU - 0 mg.
Vitamin C - antioxidant - easily crosses brain-blood barrier -500 mg. - 500 mg.
Alpha lipoic acid - antioxidant, energy production - 200 mg - 0 mg
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) - raises levels of the essential antioxidant, glutathione and chelates toxic metals - 400 mg - 400 mg.
Phosphatidylserine - improves memory and cognitive performance -100 mg.-100 mg.
Acetly-L-carnitine - Neuro: transmitter, energizer, detoxifier - 400 mg. - 400 mg.
Ginkgo biloba - improves blood flow, antioxidant - 60 mg. - 60 mg.
DHEA/7-Keto - improves neurological function, immune function, stress reduction and hormonal modulation - 100 mg. - 100 mg.
Vitamin B-complex supplement - controls homocysteine which causes inflammation, blood vessel damage and cell destruction:
B 1 (thiamine) - 50 mg. - 0 mg
B 3 (niacinamide) - 50 mg. - 0 mg
B 6 (pyridoxine) - 50 mg. - 0 mg
Folic acid - 400 mcg. - 400 mcg.
B 12 (cobalamin) - protects cell covering - 500 mcg. - 500 mcg.

Whole-Heartedly,
Bonnie



DISCLAIMER:
The author of this article does not endorse everything represented on/in suggested links, books, etc. Each of us is accountable to God weigh everything according to His Word.

All content of this article is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. The author sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. The information herein is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. The information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This is best left to the Creator of the universe. In all health-related situations, “qualified healthcare professionals” should always be consulted. The author deems THE GREAT PHYSICIAN to be most qualified. The author assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment