Let me begin by saying that it is normal for almost all animals to carry internal microscopic creatures. When in balance, the host and the parasite can live in harmony with one another. However, as a result of poor dietary habits, improper hygiene, poor pasture management etc., the host can develop an internal environment that breeds an over population of internal parasite. When this happens, the parasites begin to consume more nutrients than the host can relinquish without suffering nutritional deficit. Something must be done! The host could die, or at the least, suffer unpleasant health problems. However, we have a big problem when it comes to commercial wormers!
Like most herbicides and insecticides, our world is becoming more and more resistant to the chemicals available to destroy parasites. The harder we work at developing new chemicals, the stronger the strains of parasites become. Not only that, these chemical wormers are becoming more and more hazardous to the health of our livestock. The key, I believe, is in prevention. We must work at developing an internal environment in our livestock that the nasty critters have no desire to live in.
- does not have adverse affects on the animal as a result of harsh chemicals.
- builds, not destroys the animal’s immune system.
- establishes an internal environment in the animal that the parasite is adverse to.
- slowly, but effectively kills the parasite without consequential toxicity due to a build-up of dead parasites.
- promotes expulsion of the parasites without developing diarrhea and nutritional imbalance.