Thursday, January 3, 2013

Tis the Season for Egg Nog


Tis the season for egg nog!  Well, it was for many people over the last few weeks, anyway.   My husband, Gary is not a big egg fan.  However, he loves egg nog.  Figure that out!  J  Having chickens in our farm yard menagerie, we have plenty of eggs!  While we typically purchase a carton or two of eggnog while it is “in season”, I decided to try my hand at developing an egg nog recipe without all the artificial colors, flavors, added chemicals, etc.  Wanting to tweak the ingredients, if necessary, I took it to a family gathering and asked for honest opinions.  It was sure a big hit!  Not only is it very fresh and health, it is extremely easy.  I can’t imagine ever buying egg nog from the grocer again.  I thought that you might be interested in giving it a try.  If you like egg nog, you won’t be disappointed!

Place 6 farm fresh eggs in a blender
Add 3/8 -1/2 cup of raw honey, 3 cups fresh milk and 1 tsp nutmeg
Blend.

Pour this into a large jar or pitcher and add another 3 cups of fresh milk.  Stir well and serve while nutmeg is not settled in the bottom.

While the “holiday season” is now over and you’ll have difficulty finding egg nog on shelves in grocery stores, you can make this any time you have a hankerin’ it!  I hope you whole-heartedly enjoy my recipe!  We sure did!


Whole-Heartedly,
Bonnie

P.S.  Please feel free to contact me with questions, thoughts, topics you’d like to ponder or to read past articles at: http://whole-heartedlife.blogspot.com/.  You may also contact me at:
             Bonnie Jaeckle
             In Search of the Whole-Hearted Life
             Diagonal Progress
             505 Jefferson St.
             Diagonal, IA 50845

No comments:

Post a Comment