Thursday, December 13, 2012
A young pre-menopausal woman recently sought my advice for a number of health problems that she has been experiencing. After having an IUD placed to prevent pregnancy, her periods became irregular and agonizing. Sexual activity was painful. Her emotions were a roller-coaster and her health problems were escalating. While it took some time to uncover the problem, she was found to be allergic to the IUD. The IUD was finally removed and she has since been placed on various birth control pills in an attempt to find one that works for her. As a result she is experiencing tremendous fatigue, out-bursts of rage, mouth sores, headaches, fever, etc. etc. After hearing her history and list of symptoms, I was convinced that her concerns are not all that uncommon. I hope others will find my response to her helpful, as well.
(http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalhealth/symptoms-adrenalfatigue.aspx -this is a good link to describing the problem, treatment suggestions, etc). The result is hormonal imbalance and depleted immune system. This can be caused by a number of factors, but most commonly emotional and physical stress (work, relationships, illness, medications, lack of sleep etc). Rather than rebuilding the adrenal system, the treatment typically prescribed by health-care professionals is focused on the symptoms, i.e.: hormones, nerve pills, sleeping pills and antibiotics. This approach only covers-up the symptoms and results in a vicious cycle. It sounds like you are also experiencing some pre-menopausal issues which add to the stress and imbalance in your body.
• Drink 8-12 glasses of filtered water daily. • Proper exercise (sounds like you are doing that)
What you have described to me is indicative of adrenal exhaustion
What I'm suggesting will get to the core and lead to healthy adrenals and strong immunity, however it will take some diligence on your part to accomplish that:
• Eat lots of raw veggies and fruits
• Eat organic meat and milk. Store-bought is full of synthetic hormone, the last thing your body needs!
• Multi-vitamin containing: Beta Carotene/A, Vitamin. E, B Complex, Calcium/Mag. Zinc, Vitamin. D3. I recommend Now Foods Eve softgel.
• Take additional Now Foods Vitamin D3 5,000 IU! D3 is very important to our immunity and most all of us have low levels because it isn't something that we can get from food. They make a D2, but make sure you are getting D3! The best price that I’ve found for these vitamins is at www.luckyvitamin.com.
• Drinking dandelion root tea daily flushes toxins from your liver so that your adrenals can function more efficiently. It is a bit bitter, but you can add honey to curb that. www.mountainroseherbs.com
• Echinacea has been found to be a very effective immune builder. Dr Schulze (www.herbdoc.com) carries a powerful formula called Echinacea Plus.
• Flax seed has lots of fiber for flushing out your colon and getting rid of trapped toxins and is full of antioxidants that will help build your immunity. It is also loaded with the "good" fats that you need, Omega 3. Take 3 Tbsp ground golden flax seed daily. You can organic flax seed from www.mountainroseherbs.com. Grind it in your blender and then stick in the refrigerator so it doesn't get rancid. When moistened, flax seed gets sticky/slimy. Sounds gross but good for helping with elimination etc. The best way for me to use it is to sprinkle it on my cereal. I have a friend who puts it on her peanut butter sandwich. Play around with it and find a way that works for you. Drinking lots of water is necessary when taking flax to help it do it's thing!
• Dr Schulze's Female Formula (www.herbdoc.com). I don't think you'll find a better quality or effective formula that targets female related health issues. To help you decide how much to order, there is 39 servings in a bottle and it is recommended that you take 2-4 servings daily.
• For the mouth sores, it should help to take three drops of oregano oil in a tsp of olive oil daily. Oregano oil is hot, so be careful not to get it on your finger and then rub your eye or go pee and then wipe! It is an anti fungal, antibacterial, antiviral very powerful "antibiotic" and pain reliever! Also, get some Lemon balm extract and rub it on the sores as soon as you notice that they are starting to develop. It should help shorten their life! You can get both of these from www.mountainroseherbs.com.
*** Note – Use all herbs for at least 90 days before determining if they are helping or not. Having said "daily", with herbs it is always best to give them a "vacation day". Just as any other treatment, our bodies get used to them and don't respond as readily. It has been discovered that if you take a day away from the herbal treatment that it helps your body to respond more noticeably to the treatment. So... pick a day of the wk when you do not take them. Don't buy non-organic. They are sprayed with all kinds of chemicals that you don't need working against you!
I pray that many are blessed!
P.S. Please feel free to contact me with questions, thoughts, topics you’d like to ponder or to read past articles at: http://whole-heartedlife.blogspot.com/. You may also contact me at:
In Search of the Whole-Hearted Life Diagonal Progress
505 Jefferson St.
Diagonal, IA 50845
DISCLAIMER: The author of this article does not endorse everything represented on/in suggested links, books, etc. Each of us is accountable to God to weigh everything according to His Word. All content of this article is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. The author sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. The information herein is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. The information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This is best left to the Creator of the universe. In all health-related situations, “qualified healthcare professionals” should always be consulted. The author deems THE GREAT PHYSICIAN to be most qualified. The author assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material.